You are hereHome › COVID-19
Canada's warmest welcome ®* October 1 2020
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2020)
RESCHEDULED Large (Bulky) Items Curbside Garbage Collection
2020 Osoyoos Market On Main
Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market Extended Through September 19
The Osoyoos Art Gallery Presents The Okanagan and Beyond
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Virtual Public Meeting October 8
UPDATES on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Check this page regularly for ongoing updates on the Coronavirus situation as it relates to Town of Osoyoos facilities, programs, services and events.
2020 08 25 EOC COVID-19 Bulletin 19 - State of Emergency-Exposure Control-Bylaw
Posted August 26 @ 12:30pm
Message from Mayor (Updated August 26)
The State of Emergency in British Columbia has been extended once again so our EOC in the Town of Osoyoos continues to work with our provincial and federal governments and health officers to keep our community safe. We monitor the COVID-19 situation on a daily basis and ensure that we pay attention to WorkSafeBC and Interior Health protocols.
We have welcomed a lot of tourists this summer which has helped many of our local businesses enjoy a busy season. Thank you all for continuing to take the critical steps to keep your families, friends and yourselves safe and healthy. Please continue to wash your hands often, stay at least 2 meters away from others, and stay home when you are sick. I encourage you to wear masks when you are not able to keep a social distance, and when you are inside businesses.
We certainly hope that a vaccine will be developed soon, but in the meantime, look after yourselves and your loved ones, and know that we are continuing to use best practices in our Town to help all of us work through this stressful time.
Mayor Sue McKortoff
The Town of Osoyoos is monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely to ensure we continue to respond to emerging issues as they relate to Town facilities, programs, services and events. This includes following the direction of Interior Health, British Columbia Centre for Disease Control or the Government of Canada.
While the COVID-19 situation is changing daily around the world, we are mindful that our community is concerned about the potential impact of the further spread of the coronavirus and we are acting accordingly to do what we can to support public safety.
Please click on the link below to view current/previous Bulletins posted.
- IF YOU ARE SICK OR EXPERIENCING FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS PLEASE DO NOT ENTER or USE THESE FACILITIES.
- If you make an appointment you will be asked to fill out a “Visitor Screening Form” before entering the premises.
- Please practice social/physical distancing at these locations/facilities.
- Town Hall is only permitting one person at a time into the facility.
|Town Hall||250.495.6515||9AM-1PM Monday-Friday (Excluding Statutory Holidays)|
|Sunbowl Arena||250.495.6562||Contact Sonora Community Centre for more info.|
|All Public Washroomsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Boat (Paid) Trailer Parking Lotemail@example.com|
|Goodman Park Washroomfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Osoyoos Farmers Market||See Website||June 13 – September 12|
|Osoyoos Regional Library||250.860.4033||Please refer to their website for more information.|
|Osoyoos& District Sanitary Landfillemail@example.com|
|Outdoor Pickleball Courtsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Parks & Trails (unless identified below)||email@example.com|
|Pioneer Walkway Washroomfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Play Structure at Kinsmen Parkemail@example.com|
|Play Structure at Lions Parkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Town Offices Remain CLOSED to the PUBLIC
Below is a list of Town Offices that are currently closed to the public. You may be able to conduct some business in person by appointment only. You can still contact the facilities by phone or email as follows:
|Planning & Development Servicesemail@example.com||By Appointment Only|
|RCMP Office||250.495.7236||Emergency Call 9-1-1|
|Operations (Public Works)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sonora Community Centreemail@example.com|
At this time Town staff continue to work during regular scheduled office hours to bring services to the community and to perform necessary maintenance. Essential services are being maintained.
|West Bench Complex (Ball Diamonds Only)||250.495.6562||TBD|
Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time.
A variety of payment methods are available:
- Drop off payment slot at Town Office (8707 Main Street)
- Telephone/Internet Banking/etransfer Post Dated Cheques
- Bill payment with your local Financial Institution
- NEW Credit Card Payments
*If making your payment through Telephone or Internet banking your account number is the folio/roll number located at the top right of your tax notice. Enter with no spaces and no decimals, i.e. 55600987000.
For more information and updates, including answers to frequently asked questions and translated information, please consult the following resources:
Interior Health Website
First Nations Health Authority
Government of Canada Website
British Columbia Centre for Disease Control Website
Service Canada Ready to Help Youth
Service Canada Ready to Help Seniors
Service Canada Ready to Help Businesses
On behalf of Town Council and Staff we thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation on this matter.
|Town of Osoyoos
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam