You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for October 6, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* July 12 2020
Council Meeting Highlights for October 6, 2014
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2020)
Osoyoos Festival Society Releases “Virtual Canada Day” Video
The ART Gallery Osoyoos Open July 1
-Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw 1307, 2014 adopted.
-Zoning Amendment Bylaw 1085.93, 2014 Council rescinded the previous first and second readings of the Zoning Amendment Bylaw wrongly numbered as No. 1085.92 2014, and read Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.93, 2014 for the first and second times and sets a public hearing date for October 20, 2014.
-Fire Hall Construction Alternate Approval Process Results Determination, total signatures accepted were 1,019
-Fire Hall Alternate Approval Process to proceed to Assent Voting to take place during the General Local Elections on November 15, 2014 with the following being the approved question for the ballot:
“Are you in favour of the Town of Osoyoos adopting “Osoyoos Fire Hall Construction Loan Authorization Bylaw No. 1306, 2014” that will allow for the Town of Osoyoos to borrow a sum not exceeding $5,962,657 over a 30 year period in order to finance the construction of a Fire Hall at 74th Avenue on Lot 1, Plan KAP92266, P.I.D. 028-632-109?”
-Request from Osoyoos Elementary School Leadership Group - Council approves the request for $500 and use of the community bus with provision of 24 hour insurance coverage on the bus for students to attend the We Day Event in Vancouver on October 21 and 22, 2014.
-Community Services Master Plan Council received the document and accepts it for future planning for Community Services.
-Regular Council Meeting The regular open meeting of November 17, 2014 will continue as scheduled. Staff to place only the Fire Hall Loan Authorization Bylaw and any other urgent matter on the agenda.
-RDOS Use of Dog Pound Council approved the Licence to Use the Osoyoos Dog Pound from January 1, 2015 to June 30, 2015.
-Town of Oliver Use of Dog Pound Council agreed to enter into a Licence to Use with Oliver for use of the Osoyoos dog pound for up to 6 months or to March 31, 2015 for a licence fee of $200 per month and an impound fee of $10.00 for each dog impounded.
-Licence to Use Gyro Beach Staff to prepare an RFP for up to three years for the area of Gyro Park to be used for non-motorized watersport activities and that the terms and conditions of the RFP remain as they have in the past.
-Dedicated right turn lane now installed from Hwy 97 toward Gyro Beach.
-Councillor Plante will not be seeking re-election to Council.
-Six tenders were received for Gyro Park and beach redevelopment project. Work will begin in late fall with completion anticipated for spring 2015.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam