You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for October 3, 2016
Canada's warmest welcome ®* October 14 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for October 3, 2016
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 15
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Multitude of Muses on September 6
On Point Official OCP Launch Event September 12
Is Firefighting in your FUTURE come to Participate Osoyoos on Sept 11
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Public Meeting Sept 17
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
CANCELLED - NOTICE of Property Tax Sale on September 30, 2019
Service Canada Scheduled Outreach
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
2019 Bird Migration Day Open House September 22
Osoyoos Lake Shoreline Clean-up September 26
Business Promoting Business Networking Night Sept 25
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
Council Meeting Highlights for October 3, 2016
- Susan Brown, Health Service Administrator for Community – Interior Health Authority Update –Susan gave a presentation outlining the five strategies that Interior Health has prioritized for moving forward and highlighted the strategies that have already been accomplished. To recruit the doctors to the area, it is a collaborative effort between Interior health, other general practitioners, the Province and municipalities. Ms. Brown stated that working collaboratively with the physicians is the first step to recruit new doctors to the area. Ms. Brown stated that the physicians are independent practitioners and are not hired by health authority.
- Joey O’Brien, Managing Director for Mount Baldy gave a presentation on moving forward with Mt. Baldy. The presentation outlined their improvements they have made so far and some of their future plans.
- Students from Osoyoos Elementary School gave a presentation on their plans for attending WE Day. They advised Council that there will be 13 students attending with 3 chaperones.
- Public Washrooms in Gyro Park, Goodman Park and Town Hall will remain open during the winter season of 2016-17
- Staff will be enforcing the existing Cemetery Bylaw.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- That Council award Rural Area Twinning Phase 1 – Contract No.1 – System No. 8 Meadowlark Drive to 87th Street Areas to Superior Excavating Ltd.
- Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 1324, 2016 - That the third reading given to Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 1324, 2016 be rescinded and that Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 1324, 2016 be read a third time.
- Traffic Amendment Bylaw No. 1256.02, 2016 – For Adoption, That Traffic Amendment Bylaw No. 1256.02, 2016 be adopted. CARRIED
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.102, 2016 – First and Second Readings That Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.102, 2016 be read for a first and second time. CARRIED
- That a Public Hearing be set for Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.102, 2016 (Industrial Airport Lot 1) on October 24, 2016 at 4:00PM PM in Council Chambers. CARRIED
- Housekeeping Amendments -Official Community Plan No. 1230.18, 2016 (Z16-02) – First and Second Readings - That Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.18, 2016 be read for a first and second time. CARRIED
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.97, 2016 - That Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.97 be read for a first and second time. CARRIED
- That a Public Hearing be set for Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.18, 2016 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.97, 2016 on October 24 at 4:30 PM in Council Chambers. CARRIED
- Council approves PLA-017 Near Market Affordable Housing (NMAH Program Guidelines) and PLA-018 Town of Osoyoos Affordable Housing Authority (AFA) policies.
- Council approves The Marina Office and Parking Stall Lease Agreement renewal under the same conditions for a three year term and that the Town’s signing authorities be authorized to sign the agreement.
- Council approves $1250 to offset the costs of the WE Day trip and approve the use of the bus with appropriate insurance in place for the students of Osoyoos Elementary School.
- Councillor Youngberg presented the success of our Osoyoos Secondary School at the small community forum.
- Councillor Youngberg encouraged residents to support another successful year with the Osoyoos Coyotes.
- Councillor Campol attended the 10th Anniversary of Nk’Mip Desert Cultural Centre celebration.
- Councillor Campol attended the Aboriginal enhancement.
- Mayor McKortoff attended UBCM and met with several Minister and the Premier to discuss various issues affecting our community such as the Storm Sewer Upgrades, RMI Funding and Health Issues.
- Mayor McKortoff congratulated Rob Abbott and Felicia Taylor who won make Water Works individual award through Okanagan Basin Water Board. They will get a Water Wise upgrade to the yard for $6,000.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam