You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for October 21, 2013
Canada's warmest welcome ®* April 8 2020
Council Meeting Highlights for October 21, 2013
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2020)
Hootenanny for Hospice Fundraiser March 14 POSTPONED
Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country Pig Out Festival May 2
FOODSAFE Course March 2, 2020
Elvis on Tour Concert April 10, 2020
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Beauty Is In March 7
Canada's Desert at the Osoyoos Library March 11
CANCELLED Large (Bulky) Items Curbside Garbage Collection
- Downtown Commercial Parking Survey - Planning staff presented the results of a survey conducted of Town businesses concerning parking in the downtown core. The results will be made available to the public.
- Request for Upgrading and Construction of Slo-Pitch ballfields - John Martini and members of Osoyoos's slo-pitch community attended to request that the Town considers upgrading existing fields as well as construction of new fields. Mr. Martini provided cost estimates to construct 4 to 6 new diamonds with shale infields. The group will meet with the Town's Recreation Commission.
- New Fire Hall - Resolutions were brought forward from in camera meetings concerning construction of the new fire hall. Council confirmed that the new building will include four bays, a training tower and a mezzanine level. A referendum to receive voter assent on borrowing for construction of the building will be scheduled for mid-2014.
- Letter from Mayor of Delta - Proposed Changes to Federal Reserve Policy. Council will consider a letter from the Corporation of Delta about proposed Federal government policy changes for reserve lands. The matter will be discussed at a future Council meeting.
- Wish Property ALR Exclusion Application - Council approved setting November 12 as a public meeting date for information on the ALR exclusion application. Written submissions will be received from the public.
- RCMP Seasonal Policing Funding - A letter will be sent to the RCMP Superintendent for Penticton-South Okanagan-Similkameen requesting reconsideration of providing funding for additional policing services in Osoyoos on July 1.
- Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 1302, 2013 – Council adopted the bylaw which provides for exemptions for various non-profit, cultural, and community organizations from taxation on both land and improvements for the year 2014.
- Zoning Bylaw Amendment for Home Occupations - First reading was given to the zoning bylaw amendment to regulate businesses contained within a dwelling. A public hearing has been scheduled for November 12.
- Osoyoos Sailing Club - The Osoyoos Sailing Club provided a report to Council on the Club's activities for 2013. The Sailing Club continues with its commitment to encourage youth and adults in the enjoyment of sailing.
- Splash Park Update - The Tim Horton's Smile Cookie campaign raised approximately $9,800 which will go toward completion of the Splash Park.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Plan an Event
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam