You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for October 21, 2013
Canada's warmest welcome ®* October 18 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for October 21, 2013
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 15
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Multitude of Muses on September 6
On Point Official OCP Launch Event September 12
Is Firefighting in your FUTURE come to Participate Osoyoos on Sept 11
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Public Meeting Sept 17
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
CANCELLED - NOTICE of Property Tax Sale on September 30, 2019
Service Canada Scheduled Outreach
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
2019 Bird Migration Day Open House September 22
Osoyoos Lake Shoreline Clean-up September 26
Business Promoting Business Networking Night Sept 25
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
- Downtown Commercial Parking Survey - Planning staff presented the results of a survey conducted of Town businesses concerning parking in the downtown core. The results will be made available to the public.
- Request for Upgrading and Construction of Slo-Pitch ballfields - John Martini and members of Osoyoos's slo-pitch community attended to request that the Town considers upgrading existing fields as well as construction of new fields. Mr. Martini provided cost estimates to construct 4 to 6 new diamonds with shale infields. The group will meet with the Town's Recreation Commission.
- New Fire Hall - Resolutions were brought forward from in camera meetings concerning construction of the new fire hall. Council confirmed that the new building will include four bays, a training tower and a mezzanine level. A referendum to receive voter assent on borrowing for construction of the building will be scheduled for mid-2014.
- Letter from Mayor of Delta - Proposed Changes to Federal Reserve Policy. Council will consider a letter from the Corporation of Delta about proposed Federal government policy changes for reserve lands. The matter will be discussed at a future Council meeting.
- Wish Property ALR Exclusion Application - Council approved setting November 12 as a public meeting date for information on the ALR exclusion application. Written submissions will be received from the public.
- RCMP Seasonal Policing Funding - A letter will be sent to the RCMP Superintendent for Penticton-South Okanagan-Similkameen requesting reconsideration of providing funding for additional policing services in Osoyoos on July 1.
- Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 1302, 2013 – Council adopted the bylaw which provides for exemptions for various non-profit, cultural, and community organizations from taxation on both land and improvements for the year 2014.
- Zoning Bylaw Amendment for Home Occupations - First reading was given to the zoning bylaw amendment to regulate businesses contained within a dwelling. A public hearing has been scheduled for November 12.
- Osoyoos Sailing Club - The Osoyoos Sailing Club provided a report to Council on the Club's activities for 2013. The Sailing Club continues with its commitment to encourage youth and adults in the enjoyment of sailing.
- Splash Park Update - The Tim Horton's Smile Cookie campaign raised approximately $9,800 which will go toward completion of the Splash Park.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam