You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for November 7, 2016
Canada's warmest welcome ®* October 21 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for November 7, 2016
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 15
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Multitude of Muses on September 6
On Point Official OCP Launch Event September 12
Is Firefighting in your FUTURE come to Participate Osoyoos on Sept 11
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Public Meeting Sept 17
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
CANCELLED - NOTICE of Property Tax Sale on September 30, 2019
Service Canada Scheduled Outreach
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
2019 Bird Migration Day Open House September 22
Osoyoos Lake Shoreline Clean-up September 26
Business Promoting Business Networking Night Sept 25
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Council Meeting Highlights for November 7, 2016
- Presentation by Shayne Wright, Co-ordinator for Buy Local BC Initiative. Mr. Wright is requesting support for the next 3 years for Buy Local Buy Fresh
- CAO Presented School District 53- Policy Input Request. SD53 is looking for feedback from Council and Community regarding Policy A-7 Roles and responsibilities of the Board of Education. The Administration is making recommendations and providing feedback.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Amended DCC Bylaw No. 1322, 2016 - Third reading given to Development Cost Charges (DCC) Bylaw No. 1322, 2016 given July 18, 2016 rescinded and DCC Bylaw No. 1322, 2016 was read for a third time as amended.
- Housekeeping Amendments OCP Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.18, 2016 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.97, 2016 (Z16-02) - Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.18, 2016 was adopted. Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.97, 2016 was read for a third time as amended and was adopted.
- Cemetery Bylaw No. 1325, 2016 –Cemetery Bylaw No. 1325, 2016 was read for a first, second and third time.
- Animal Control and Licensing Bylaw No. 1316, 2016 -Animal Control and Licensing Bylaw No. 1316, 2016 was read for a first, second and third time.
- Gyro Park Pier & Foreshore Walkway Final Design - Council approved the RFP for Gyro Park Pier and Foreshore Walkway Final Design
- Appointment of Subdivision Approving Officers - Council appointed the positions of Director of Planning and Development Services and Senior Planner as the Subdivision Approving Officers for the Town of Osoyoos.
- West Nile Reserve Fund - Council directed administration to transfer $5,000 from the West Nile Reserve fund into a new Community Grand in Aid Program Reserve Fund be expended in 2017 in the Grant In Aid Program.
- Music in the Park - Financial Request - Council approved $8,865 from the 2016 RMI program budget to enable the development of the 2017 Music in the Park Program.
- Sonora Roof Repairs - Council approved the roof repair project and award to Interior Roofing Ltd. for a cost of $98,600 plus GST.
- RDOS Funding Agreement - Council approved the funding agreement between the Town of Osoyoos and Regional District of the Okanagan Similkameen (RDOS) for recreation and leisure activities; AND that the Towns signing authorities be authorized to sign the agreement and forward to the RDOS for their approval.
- Councillor Campol Congratulated all those who ran for School Board Trustee. Congratulations to Casey Brower who was elected as the School Board Trustee for Osoyoos.
- Councillor King attended a meeting at Destination Osoyoos
- Councillor King attended an orientation meeting in Penticton regarding the Foreign Direct Investment Strategy.
- Councillor Youngberg will be attending Regional Library Board next week
- Councillor Youngberg Thanked the Waterfront Steering Committee for all the work on the Gyro Park Pier
- Councillor Youngberg Thanked The Three Amigos for their work with Music in the Park
- Councillor Rhodes Encouraged everyone to attend the Remembrance Day celebration at the Sonora Centre
- Mayor McKortoff Thanked Councillor Campol for his Leadership in organizing Leadership Conference at Spirit Ridge for the Osoyoos Elementary School
- Mayor McKortoff advised that this Wednesday is the Education Committee Meeting and it is being held at the Osoyoos Secondary School Library at 4:00
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to attend the Christmas Lite Up weekend Dec 2nd and 3rd
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam