You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for November 18, 2013
Canada's warmest welcome ®* April 8 2020
Council Meeting Highlights for November 18, 2013
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2020)
Hootenanny for Hospice Fundraiser March 14 POSTPONED
Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country Pig Out Festival May 2
FOODSAFE Course March 2, 2020
Elvis on Tour Concert April 10, 2020
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Beauty Is In March 7
Canada's Desert at the Osoyoos Library March 11
CANCELLED Large (Bulky) Items Curbside Garbage Collection
- Osoyoos Museum and Archives - Executive Director/Curator Ken Favrholdt and Mat Hassen, President of Osoyoos Museum Society, provided the 2013 Museum Progress Report. It was announced that Mr. Favrholdt will be stepping down at the end of the year and Council expressed their appreciation for his expertise and contribution to the current Museum and in planning for the move to the future location on Main Street.
- Desert Live Music Festival - Representatives of the organizing committee attended to request the Town's support for the proposed live music festival to be held June 27 to July 4, 2014. It was requested that the Town provides $50,000 in order to secure other funding and sponsorship for the first year of the event. Live entertainment will take place at Gyro Beach during the day and in the evening. Council will consider the request at the December 2nd meeting.
- Sun Bowl Arena Concession - A request was made to replace the concession grill and for installation of signs prohibiting outside food or beverages when the concession is open. Staff will meet with the sub-contractor to discuss options.
- 89th Street Paving Budget Reallocation - Council approved reallocating funds from the Community Development fund, to a maximum of $44,000, toward completion of 89th Street paving project.
- Reclaimed Water Booster Station Tender Award - Council approved awarding the tender for the construction of the reclaimed water booster station to Cumming Construction in the amount of $399,494.55.
- Board of Variance Amendment Bylaw No. 1295.01 - Council adopted the bylaw for the text amendment to the Board of Variance Bylaw.
- Sun Bowl Arena Management Agreement - The Arena Management Agreement with the RDOS was renewed with further automatic renewal every five years, subject to terms and conditions reviews.
- Multi-materials BC Contracts - Council approved entering into the Multi-materials BC (MMBC) contracts for curbside collection of recyclable products.
- Kiwanis Club of Osoyoos - Share the Christmas Spirit Campaign - Council supported Town participation in the annual campaign to sponsor a family at Christmas.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Plan an Event
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam