You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for May 21, 2019
Canada's warmest welcome ®* October 23 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for May 21, 2019
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 15
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Multitude of Muses on September 6
On Point Official OCP Launch Event September 12
Is Firefighting in your FUTURE come to Participate Osoyoos on Sept 11
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Public Meeting Sept 17
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
CANCELLED - NOTICE of Property Tax Sale on September 30, 2019
Service Canada Scheduled Outreach
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
2019 Bird Migration Day Open House September 22
Osoyoos Lake Shoreline Clean-up September 26
Business Promoting Business Networking Night Sept 25
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Council Meeting Highlights for May 21, 2019
Click on button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and Regular Open meetings.
- Osoyoos Secondary School Grade 8 class made a presentation about their work on Project of Heart, which teaches students about residential schools and encourages acts of reconciliation. Council directed staff to bring back a report to the next Regular Meeting on where the Project of Heart could be displayed at the Sonora Community Centre.
- Music in the Park made a presentation to update Council on their activities and to thank Council for their support.
- The Desert Park Exhibition Society made a presentation requesting Council waive or reduce their Water and Sewer Taxes. The Society also requested an amendment to their licence of occupation to allow discretionary rental of RV sites. Council directed staff to bring back a report on both requests.
- Council directed staff to prepare an amendment to Traffic Control Bylaw No. 1256, 2009 and Off-Street Parking Bylaw No. 1274, 2010. These amendments would allow RVs to park on residential streets without a permit for 24 hours – or longer with a permit – and to designate a small portion of the boat trailer parking lot for visitor RV parking for less than one week with permit.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- 5 Year Financial Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1349.01, 2019 was adopted. The bylaw amendment adds Evacuation Route Planning for the Town of Osoyoos, which is fully funded through the Community Emergency Preparedness Fund.
- Council opted out of leading a public consultation process on the proposed craft brewery/liquor establishment at 3 Harbour Key Drive. Authority was delegated to the Director of Planning and Development to provide comments to the Liquor Control and Licensing Branch should they require assistance.
- Council supported the Licence Inspectors’ and Bylaw Officers’ Association of BC in their appeal of a precedent-setting dangerous dog case at the BC Court of Appeals in the amount of $1,000.00. The issue involves jurisdiction and the expansion of judicial discretion that has resulted in increased costs to local governments on dangerous dog enforcement.
- Councillor Bennett attended the School District #53 meeting on May 8th.
- Councillors Bennett attended the NLC-RISC Trustees Conference May 15-17th as a board member of the Municipal Insurance Association of BC.
- Councillor Harvey attended the Open House at Destination Osoyoos.
- Councillor Rhodes congratulated Glenn Mandziuk who is the President and CEO of Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association on his achievement at the United Nations Tourism Meeting in Paraguay.
- Councillor King attended the Town of Oliver Community Safety and Crime Prevention meeting.
- Councillor King attended the Age Friendly & Accessibility meeting and noted that June 1st is Access Awareness Day.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the School District #53 budget meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Primary Care Network meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Naloxone Training at the Sonora Centre.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Okanagan Basin Water Board (OBWB) meeting and made the Make Water Work Pledge. The mayor encouraged residents to make the Make Water Work Pledge on the OBWB website.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked all who helped put out the Richter Pass fire, noting that Provincial Forestry used the EOC at the Osoyoos Fire Hall.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 am on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 pm to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam