You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for May 20, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* August 19 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for May 20, 2014
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Property Tax Payments are Due on Tuesday, July 2
"Family Splash Day" on July 17 and August 14 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Music in the Park
71st Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2019
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Desert Valley Hospice Society Poker Rally July 7
Desert Park Racetrack Open House on August 5
Groundwater Well Licencing Workshop on August 14
Click on either button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and the Regular Open meetings.
Committee of the Whole Regular Open
-Letter from CAMA – Mayor Wells presented the CAMA 15 year pin to Mr. Barry Romanko (CAO) and expressed congratulations on behalf of Council.
-Osoyoos Royalty - Ms. Cara Burton invited Council to attend the coronation on June 30. Speeches are on June 1, 2014.
-FORTIS BC – Similkameen Hydro Project – presented by Bob Gibney, Senior Manager Community and Aboriginal Relations
-Report from Okanagan Basin Water Board – May 2014 meeting highlights received for information.
-South Okanagan Minor Hockey Association - Staff to develop a letter of support for SOMHA in their process of completing the Community Gaming Grant.
-Clara’s Big Ride Six-time Olympian Clara Hughes will be in Osoyoos on May 22, 2014. The forum begins at 5:30 at the Sonora Centre. Clara speaks at 7:30 pm.
-Water Accounts in the amount of $10,026.61 for approval.
-Museum Capital Fund Request- Council approved the current year request from the RDOS reserve in the amount of $29,000.
-Town of Oliver Request for Use of Dog Pound Facilities - Due to a capacity concern Council cannot agree to a rental lease agreement for the pound at this time.
-Jackpine Lane Closure - Council approves providing the hotel contractor with a key to the gate to enable traffic flow when construction will impact traffic flow or when large trucks require leaving the construction area; traffic flow on the Lane remains two-way with necessary signage; a long term solution be considered; a public meeting be held in fall.
-2014 General Local Elections – Appointments - Janette Van Vianen was appointed Chief Election Officer and Lori Scott was appointed Deputy Chief Election Officer.
-Spray Irrigation Agreement – School District #53 Council approved the agreement.
-2014 Capital Works Program Tender Awarded to Grizzly Excavation Ltd.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam