You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights from March 3, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* August 18 2019
Council Meeting Highlights from March 3, 2014
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Property Tax Payments are Due on Tuesday, July 2
"Family Splash Day" on July 17 and August 14 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Music in the Park
71st Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2019
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Desert Valley Hospice Society Poker Rally July 7
Desert Park Racetrack Open House on August 5
Groundwater Well Licencing Workshop on August 14
Click on either button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and the Regular Open meetings.
- Report from Okanagan Basin Water Board - Council thanked Mayor Wells for his term as Chair of the OBWB. Mayor Findlater of West Kelowna was appointed chair.
- Water District Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw 1242.06, 2014 deferred to the March 17, 2014 regular meeting.
- Water Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw 1242.06, 2014 adopted.
- Sewer Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw 1065.15, 2014 adopted.
- Waste Management Services and Regulation Amendment Bylaw 1267.06, 2014 adopted.
- 2014 – 2018 Financial Plan (5 Year Financial Plan Bylaw 1304, 2014) adopted.
- Report 7 Form Based Zoning Approach to Implement the SE Meadowlark Area Plan (OCP Amendment Bylaw 1230.14, 2014 (IRDPA Guidelines)) adopted.
- Emergency Program Bylaw 1246, 2014 adopted.
- Report 5 Wish Property - ALR Exclusion Application Kent Macpherson is invited to present their new proposal at a COW meeting.
- Fire Hall Referendum – Possible Timetable - Report presented identifying on a day-by-day basis the timeline leading to a referendum and to meet the 80 day time period according to legislation.
- 2014 – 2016 Business Plan Approval Council accepted the Plan as presented.
- Bayview Crescent/36 Avenue Storm Sewer Project Tender awarded the tender to H & M Excavating in the amount of $133,536.90.
- Desert Live Financial Request Reduced amount requested to $40,000; $15,000 has been committed by Council. Changed dates of music festival to June 27 - July 1. Council approved to fund the additional $25,000 requested from the 2014 Resort Municipality Funds and Community Development budgets.
- Council consented to the adoption of 2014 RDOS Mosquito Control Extended Service Amendment Bylaw 2602, 2014.
- Migratory Bird Cull Services Agreement with Alfred Kole.
- Osoyoos Traditional Archery School – Licence to use 11600 Strawberry Creek Road for use of lands was approved.
- RCMP Fund Transfer Request. Council approved the RCMP request to use previous approved bicycle maintenance funds to assist with improvements to recently-purchased RCMP sport utility vehicle (UTV).
- Community Foundation for South Okanagan Similkameen Council approved an initial allocation from the Community Service Program budget in the amount of $2,500. The community is invited to meet or exceed this allocation to help build the Foundation locally.
- Municipal Election year – November 2014 will be a change to a four year term and on election spending.
- Kraft Hockeyville - Encourage everyone to become a member online to support the Town’s efforts. March 8 announcement on Hockey Night in Canada – Sonora gymnasium will be set up from 6 to 8 pm for residents to view the announcement
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam