You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights June 6, 2016
Canada's warmest welcome ®* October 15 2019
Council Meeting Highlights June 6, 2016
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 15
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Multitude of Muses on September 6
On Point Official OCP Launch Event September 12
Is Firefighting in your FUTURE come to Participate Osoyoos on Sept 11
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Public Meeting Sept 17
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
CANCELLED - NOTICE of Property Tax Sale on September 30, 2019
Service Canada Scheduled Outreach
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
2019 Bird Migration Day Open House September 22
Osoyoos Lake Shoreline Clean-up September 26
Business Promoting Business Networking Night Sept 25
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
Council Meeting Highlights June 6, 2016
- Mayor’s Message
- Council Reported on the year’s activities, Directors presented their section of the Annual Report
- There were no comments from the public
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Bryn White, Conservation Program Manager, gave a presentation on the South Okanagan Similkameen Conservation Program (SOSCP) exploring what a Conservation Fund would look like for the Town of Osoyoos. Previous discussions with Council had outlined the idea that the conservation fund could be done with adjacent electoral areas or independently. Approximate cost would be $10/household by ad valorem (a tax based on the assessed value of real estate or personal property) for a five year term. The top environmental concerns are: water, water resources, quality, quantity, source water protection, aquatic ecosystems, protection and enhancement and restoration of sensitive ecosystems. Ms. White stated that the proposal includes a technical committee that could look at criteria, assess projects for priorities and work with local governments. The local governments would make final decision on allocation of funds and projects. CAO Romanko stated that in the Business Plan the Town has identified a consultation process with local residents if there is a strong acceptance and willingness for the Town to become involved in this project. There has been no decision on how the consultation process will be done, but was scheduled for the fall of 2016.
- Council gave approval for authorized signatories for the Town of Osoyoos to sign the MOU with BC Transit for the Priority 21 expansion and funding for 2017/18 and agree to the Priority 22 expansion for 2019/20 in principle. Priority 21 being the additional 2 trips per day from Osoyoos to Penticton on Fridays. Priority 22 increases service from Osoyoos to Penticton to 4 trips per day Monday through Friday and will align those trips with the Penticton to Kelowna interregional service.
- Council voted not to approve Mr. Dhaliwal’s request for the Town of Osoyoos to provide his property with water and sewer services
- That Council support the Mayor signing the letter to the SOS Division of Family Practice for the Developing Sustainable Rural Practice Communities initiative
- That Council approved the pricing for the Canal Pathway Paving and Lighting tender to Osoyoos Aggregates Ltd. in the amount of $119,226.45.
- Council approved the allocation of $100,000 of RMI funding and directed staff to develop additional paved trail to Casitas Del Sol , develop a rest area in the “Y” portion and pave a portion of the Canal Trail to the North
- That Council complete a public consultation prior to making a decision on the development of a Conservation Fund Program
- Councillor Campol congratulated all the volunteers and individuals who helped coordinate the Cactus Jalopies. The event was extremely well run and a great event.
- Councillor Campol congratulated everyone who coordinated and participated in the Half Corked Marathon.
- Councillor King attended the PAC BBQ at Osoyoos Elementary School. Was a large turnout.
- Councillor King presented the Osoyoos Credit Union with a plaque commemorating their 70th Anniversary.
- The Osoyoos Independent School raised $8,500 this past weekend at the Cactus Jalopies.
- Council attended a meeting with Richard Cannings, Member of Parliament, where they expressed their concerns on the following issues: National Park, Zebra Aquatic Muscles and Policing Costs.
- Council is met with the Oliver Town Council on June 10th to discuss mutual issues.
- The Mayor thanked the Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society for putting on the Lake Osoyoos Appreciation Day.
- Council is working to do what is in the best interest of the Town regarding the Osoyoos Secondary School issue.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam