You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for July 7, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* August 21 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for July 7, 2014
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Property Tax Payments are Due on Tuesday, July 2
"Family Splash Day" on July 17 and August 14 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Music in the Park
71st Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2019
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Desert Valley Hospice Society Poker Rally July 7
Desert Park Racetrack Open House on August 5
Groundwater Well Licencing Workshop on August 14
- Okanagan Salmon Community Initiative Presented by Rick Simpson, OSCI Steering Committee
- Adopted - Public Moorage Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1287.01, 2014 and Municipal Ticket Information Systems Amendment Bylaw No. 1279.08, 2014.
- Directional Signage - Bring forward during Business Plan meeting in August for Council to review.
- Request to identify Timberwolf- Staff are to look at various breeds of dogs to ensure the aggressive type dogs are included as restricted in the new animal control bylaw and that delegation of authority be given to the CAO in the bylaw to address various requests to add breeds.
- Sewer Servicing of the Butula Property Council accepted the s request for inclusion within the town boundary; administration to seek out the interest of the remaining properties to 98th Avenue to be included in the Town.
- South Okanagan-Similkameen National Park - Council supports bringing a resolution to the UBCM Convention.
- Osoyoos Elks Seniors Society Financial Request - Council approved the Town provide funding for surface materials in the amount of $640 plus taxes for a total of $716.80.
- Transit Operating Agreement - Council resolved the Town cover the 2015 Transit budget increase for lease fees through the Community Works Fund.
Council supports the new Friday trip from Osoyoos to Penticton for the 2015 operating year. Fare increases approved.
- Fire Hall Design and Construction - Council endorses the Fire Hall Final Design as the basis for a borrowing bylaw and providing public information.
Osoyoos Indian Band Fire Hall Agreement Council approved the Fire Hall Contribution Agreement with the OIB's signatories to sign the agreement on behalf of the Town.
Osoyoos Fire Hall Construction Loan Authorization Bylaw No. 1306, 2014 read a first, second and third time and forwarded to the Inspector of Municipalities for approval.
Osoyoos Fire Hall Elector Assent Council rescind Motion IC/49/14 and that staff action the Alternative Approval Process for public assent of the fire hall borrowing once the provincial review of the borrowing bylaw has been completed.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam