You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for July 21, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* April 5 2020
Council Meeting Highlights for July 21, 2014
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2020)
Hootenanny for Hospice Fundraiser March 14 POSTPONED
Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country Pig Out Festival May 2
FOODSAFE Course March 2, 2020
Elvis on Tour Concert April 10, 2020
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Beauty Is In March 7
Canada's Desert at the Osoyoos Library March 11
CANCELLED Large (Bulky) Items Curbside Garbage Collection
Click on either button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and the Regular Open meetings.
Committee of the Whole Regular Open
- Presentation by Lauren Sherwood, BC Ambassador Program
-Alterations to RV’s in Recreational Vehicle Parks - Develop a bylaw addressing maximum size and type of RV unit permitted within an RV park and prohibiting or closely regulating alterations or additions to RV units. Staff to report on taxation assessments for year-round RV residences. Seek a legal opinion on enforcement options and legal non-conforming units.
- Zoning Amendment for Osoyoos Desert Model Railroad at 11611 – 115th Street. Council read first and second time and will proceed to a public hearing on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 7:00pm in Council Chambers.
- Election Cost Sharing Agreements - Council approve the election cost-sharing agreements with the RDOS and School District No. 53 for the 2014 Elections.
- Sewer Capacity Study - Council accept the report from the CAO dated July 21, 2014 to be used in the 5 year Capital and Business Planning process.
- Spartan Drive Hammerhead Turnaround - Council approve the second design option that would only involve the additional expenditure to move the light pole.
- UBCM Ministerial Meetings - Request more authority to apprehend prior to issuance of a warrant. Re-engage with MOT planning concerning blind corner/bump out in front of Owl Pub and the need to improve visibility from south to north; or possibly to add a right turn only arrow. Council directs Administration to submit meeting requests on all or some of the identified issues.
- Remind everyone that there is NO burning of any sort permitted on private or public property.
- BC Transit had a booth at the Osoyoos Town Hall Square on Wednesday, July 23 from 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Plan an Event
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam