You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for January 20, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* August 19 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for January 20, 2014
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Property Tax Payments are Due on Tuesday, July 2
"Family Splash Day" on July 17 and August 14 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Music in the Park
71st Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2019
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Desert Valley Hospice Society Poker Rally July 7
Desert Park Racetrack Open House on August 5
Groundwater Well Licencing Workshop on August 14
- Revenue Anticipation Borrowing Bylaw No. 1303, 2014 received first three readings.
- Pinehurst Developments/Development Permit No. 13-05 was approved and Zoning Bylaw Amendment No. 1085.81, 2010 adopted.
- Licensing and Control of Dogs Amendment Bylaw No. 1036.04, 2014, relating to the removal of ‘Schedule C’, received first 3 readings.
- Pioneer Walkway – Year End Report for 2013 presented, staff to get estimate for washroom improvements for budget discussions as well as the development of secondary walkway be placed in the business plan.
- Osoyoos D.A.R.E. Program was encouraged to apply to the grant in aid program for the funding requested.
- Osoyoos Secondary School – Council approved awarding three bursaries to graduates of the high school in the amount of $750.00 each.
- Municipal Buildings Caretaker Contract with Acme Janitorial - Larry and Valerie Carlson was approved.
- Licence to Use Gyro Beach Agreement with 3 Phase Adventures Inc. was approved.
- RDOS Dog/Cat Impound Service Agreement - Council approved entering into a one year animal impound agreement with the RDOS, Administration to work with the RDOS to develop a longer term agreement.
- No new Building Permits were issued for the month of December, 2013.
- The Waterfront Steering Committee minutes of December 12, 2013 were received for information.
- Committee of the Whole meetings now being webcasted for public viewing.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 am on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 pm to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam