You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for February 3, 2020
Canada's warmest welcome ®* February 28 2020
Council Meeting Highlights for February 3, 2020
Family Day Skate at Sun Bowl Arena on February 17
19th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards and Luncheon on April 18
Invitation Special Open Budget/Capital Plan Meeting on February 18
Osoyoos Concert Series - Ken Lavigne January 23
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2020)
Osoyoos Concert Series - Company B Jazz Band February 22
Art Gallery Opening Reception: Creativity in Our Community January 11
Hootenanny for Hospice Fundraiser March 14
Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country Pig Out Festival May 2
Osoyoos Fireworks Valentine's Day Dance February 8
2020 SO Chamber of Commerce Member Orientation January 28
FOODSAFE Course March 2, 2020
Art Gallery Master and Pupil February 10 to 29
Elvis on Tour Concert April 10, 2020
Council Meeting Highlights for February 3, 2020
Click on button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and Regular Open meetings.
- Lawrence McSorley from Stephenson Engineering made a presentation to Council regarding the Sun Bowl Arena Facility Lifecycle Assessment Report.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Council approved Zoning Application Z19-14 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.130, 2020 was read for a first and second time. If adopted this amendment would add the use of Shopping Centre to the C7 Special Commercial Zone - 5820 89th Avenue is the only property in Osoyoos with this zoning. Council also set a Public Hearing date for February 18, 2020 at 4:00 pm in Council Chambers at Town Hall.
- Council approved Zoning Application Z19-13 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.129, 2020 was read for a first and second time. If adopted this amendment would allow for a residential unit, to be used for employee housing, to be located within the existing commercial building located at 5401 Lakeshore Drive. Council also set a Public Hearing date for February 18, 2020 at 4:00 pm in Council Chambers at Town Hall, which has since been postponed until further notice.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.112, 2019 was adopted. This amendment allows for the creation of one new single family lot and a strata development consisting of 8 duplex lots at the top of the Dividend Ridge subdivision.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.110, 2018 was adopted. This amendment allows for a site specific retail cannabis store to be located at 8304 72nd Avenue.
- Revenue Anticipation Borrowing Bylaw No. 1360, 2020 was adopted. This bylaw renews the Town’s line of credit with the Bank of Montreal, and provides continued access to corporate credit cards.
- Indemnification Bylaw No. 1359, 2020 was adopted. This bylaw provides indemnity to municipal officers, employees, and elected officials acting reasonably and in good faith in performing the duties and functions of their positions with the Town.
- Council directed staff to recommend approval of the RDOS Electoral Area Zoning Bylaw Amendments and to include a notation that RDOS and Town of Osoyoos staff continue to work together to ensure that incompatible uses are prevented from locating adjacent to each other across jurisdictional boundaries.
- Council opted to participate in a joint grant application with the RDOS and other jurisdictions in the region to the UBCM Community Emergency Preparedness Fund for the purpose of further establishing and improving emergency support services for the region. Council also supported the RDOS in applying for, receiving, and managing grant funding on behalf of the Town for emergency support services.
- Council authorized the Mayor and CAO to sign the contract for GIS services between the Town and RDOS for the period of January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2021.
- Council approved the Childcare expansion plans included in the Childcare BC New Spaces Fund application and agreed to provide overall grant management for approved funding. Council also agreed to support and provide any necessary additional project funding if total project costs exceed the Provincial funding amount.
- Councillors King and Harvey attended the accessibility meeting held last week.
- Councillors King, Bennett, and Harvey attended the Town budget meeting.
- Councillor Rhodes encouraged everyone to watch the Committee of the Whole meeting on the Sun Bowl Arena Physical Condition Assessment, as Council would like residents’ feedback on the current state of the facility.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillor Harvey attended the Capstone reports from graduating students at Osoyoos Secondary School.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society fundraiser.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillor Bennett thanked Jim and Cheryl King for organizing the First Responders Gala.
- Mayor McKortoff noted that it is National Burn Awareness week.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked CAO Chabot for setting up a meeting with volunteer organizations.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 am on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 pm to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam