You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for December 3, 2018
Canada's warmest welcome ®* October 22 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for December 3, 2018
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 15
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Multitude of Muses on September 6
On Point Official OCP Launch Event September 12
Is Firefighting in your FUTURE come to Participate Osoyoos on Sept 11
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Public Meeting Sept 17
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
CANCELLED - NOTICE of Property Tax Sale on September 30, 2019
Service Canada Scheduled Outreach
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
2019 Bird Migration Day Open House September 22
Osoyoos Lake Shoreline Clean-up September 26
Business Promoting Business Networking Night Sept 25
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Council Meeting Highlights for December 3, 2018
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
- A presentation was made about the South Okanagan Immigrant & Community Services (SOICS) by Nora Hunt-Haft, SOS Local Immigration Partnership and Tahira Siheed, Executive Director to Council. They advised that they work with the YMCA and WorkBC. Within their team, board and volunteers over 15 languages are spoken.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Council will provide a Letter of Support for the Osoyoos Museum Society for the OMS application infrastructure funding from the Ministry of Community Cultural and Recreation Program.
- Good Neighbour Amendment Bylaw No. 1277.01, 2018 was adopted. This Bylaw will help with the struggle to control the spread of Puncturevine in our area. These invasive plant species are particularly aggressive in our area and are the frequent cause of many popped bike tires along our walking and biking trails. (The seeds of Puncturevine are easily spread through contact with clothing, shoes, tires, pet fur, etc.)
- Council gave pre-budget approval to tender the repair of the Cottonwood Park retaining wall (complete with improvements) and upgraded Park lighting. This past spring the current retaining wall sustained damage from the flood water and repeated wave action. As a result, the four (4) wall sections are now leaning outward. Concrete and asphalt walkways have sunk and surrounding landscape areas have been compromised. True Consulting Ltd. has developed a repair plan which consists of repairs with improvements designed to withstand future flooding events. The total costs (not including GST) is $518,000. Emergency Management BC stated that they are willing to fund $281,565 toward repairing the retaining wall to pre-disaster condition, no improvements.
- Council approved the agreement with the Fraser Basin Council. A grant was awarded to the Community Services Department from the Fraser Basin Council to help offset the costs of installing direct digital controls in the Sonora Community Centre. An agreement must be signed in order to receive the funds and move forward with the project of installing direct digital controls.
- Council approved the Regional Tourism Marketing Fee for Service Agreement with Destination Osoyoos from 2019-2021 to provide tourism development, marketing and visitor services for the Town of Osoyoos.
- Council approved providing Destination Osoyoos (DO) a letter of support for a 3% MRDT program. Council approved DO request to receive MRDT funds directly through the province as the Town’s designated MRDT fund recipient and approved the signing of the Destination Marketing Agreement 2019-2023.
- Councillor Bennett attended the School District meeting.
- Councillor Bennett attended the Destination Osoyoos AGM.
- Councillor King attended the Destination Osoyoos Board Meeting.
- Councillor Bennett attended the Osoyoos Airport Development Society meeting.
- Councillor Rhodes attended the RDOS Strategic Planning Session.
- Councillor King attended the Destination Osoyoos AGM.
- Councillor King attended the Osoyoos Airport Society AGM.
- Councillor King thanked Councillor Bennett for decorating the Town’s parade entry.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked everyone who was involved with Christmas Light-up.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the SOAP It’s a wonderful Life play.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to support the local businesses and events.
- Mayor McKortoff advised that Santa’s Night Out is at the Sonora Community Centre on Dec 6th.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 am on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 pm to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam