You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for August 21, 2017
Canada's warmest welcome ®* October 18 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for August 21, 2017
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 15
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Multitude of Muses on September 6
On Point Official OCP Launch Event September 12
Is Firefighting in your FUTURE come to Participate Osoyoos on Sept 11
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Public Meeting Sept 17
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
CANCELLED - NOTICE of Property Tax Sale on September 30, 2019
Service Canada Scheduled Outreach
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
2019 Bird Migration Day Open House September 22
Osoyoos Lake Shoreline Clean-up September 26
Business Promoting Business Networking Night Sept 25
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Council Meeting Highlights for August 21, 2017
- Municipal Ticket Information Amendment Bylaw No. 1279.13, 2017 – was read three times. This amendment is regarding the muzzling of restricted dogs which was inadvertently omitted from the previous amendment to the MTI bylaw. This amendment adds that section which is 39(3).
- Elections Bylaw No. 1332, 2017 – was read three times. Legislation has changed to the required voting date. Previously the date was the third Saturday in November every four years. The date has now been changed to be on the third Saturday in October every four years. . Also the Town’s population is over 5,000 which now requires a mandatory 2nd advanced voting opportunity. The proposed new bylaw reflects these changes.
- Sewer Connection Amendment Bylaw No. 1299.01, 2017 –was read three times. This amended Sewer Connection Bylaw No. 1299.01, 2017 clearly defines the time period within which a property owner must connect to a Town Sanitary sewer line adjacent to their property. It also prohibits a property owner from disconnection from our sanitary sewer or using a septic system for the parcel unless they have written approval from the Town.
- Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.20, 2017 (Foreshore and Lake Development Permit Area-FLDPA) was read a second time as amended. It is proposed to add a new Foreshore and Lake Development Permit Area (FLDPA) into our OCP to promote environmentally-sensitive design of private moorage facilities, and to complement the Town’s Foreshore and Lake Zoning Bylaw, and Riparian Development Permit Area (RDPA). These new permits will especially compensate for a diminishing Provincial regulatory role regarding private moorages. A Public Hearing date has been scheduled for 4:00 PM, September 18th, 2017 in the Council Chambers.
- Foreshore and Lake Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1294.02, 2017 was read for a second time as amended. After five-years of experience with our Foreshore and Lake Zoning Bylaw it is timely to make some housekeeping improvements. Bylaw objectives include sustaining Osoyoos Lake for the health of local fisheries, safe and orderly recreational and commercial use. And the Town’s continued attractiveness as a resort community. The various housekeeping improvements proposed for this Bylaw would bring us more into conformity with Provincial regulations, round out regulatory requirements, and adds clarity to some text. A Public Hearing date has been scheduled for 4:00 PM, September 18th, 2017 in the Council Chambers.
- Development Variance Permit Application (DVP 17-01) 9915 -74th Avenue – Council has approved the requested Development Variance Permit Application (DVP 17-01) for the property located at 9915-74th Avenue, subject to the applicant’s Revised Site Plan and the Conditions set out in the staff report.
- Urban Forestry Plan and Tree Management Bylaw – Council has approved the services of CTQ Consulting to prepare an Urban Forestry Plan and Tree Management Bylaw for the fixed fee of $19,545 and approved additional monies of $5,545 to make up the contract price.
- Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Lease Renewal – Council approved a renewal to the Licence to Use Agreement with the Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club for use of part of Block 530, DL 2450s, SDYD, Plan 2450, Except Plan A1011 for a period of March 1st , 2018 to September 30th, 2019 with no further renewals; and that if the lands are not required for use by the Town at the expiration of the term that a new Licence to Use Agreement be considered on a year to year basis.
- Landfill Perimeter Fencing Contract – Council approved awarding the contract for the Landfill Perimeter Fencing to Chute Creek Contracting for $18,000 (plus taxes)
- Landfill Stage 2 Final Cover Excavation & Stockpiling Contract – Council approved awarding the Landfill Stage 2 Final Cover Excavation & Stockpiling to J.W. Price Construction Ltd. For $42,000 (taxes included).
- New Liquor Licence Application at 15 Park Place – Council approved opting out of leading a public consultation process and have directed staff to provide comments about the location and extended liquor service hours of 15 Park Place, to the Liquor Control and Licensing Branch, in the event that the Liquor Control and Licensing Branch asks for staff input.
- Councillor Rhodes complimented the Town staff for their hard work in maintaining the parks.
- Councillor Youngberg attended the Council to Council meeting with the Town of Oliver.
- Councillor Youngberg Congratulated the Desert Park Society for their Eclipse event that attracted 400-500 people.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the FORTIS meeting on July 26th regarding Rate Design structure and options.
- Mayor McKortoff Congratulated Clint Hawes for organizing the 2 street dances.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to attend the Music in the Park which happens on Friday evenings at Gyro Beach.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to support Market on Main on Wednesday evenings and on Saturday at Town Hall Square.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Friends of the Library book sale.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to enjoy the rest of summer.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam