You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for August 19, 2019
Canada's warmest welcome ®* September 14 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for August 19, 2019
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 15
"Family Splash Day" on July 17 and August 14 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Music in the Park
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Desert Park Racetrack Open House on August 5
Groundwater Well Licencing Workshop on August 14
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Multitude of Muses on September 6
On Point Official OCP Launch Event September 12
Is Firefighting in your FUTURE come to Participate Osoyoos on Sept 11
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Public Meeting Sept 17
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
Service Canada Scheduled Outreach
Council Meeting Highlights for August 19, 2019
Click on button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and Regular Open meetings.
- Janette Van Vianen, Director of Corporate Services, reported that there will be no change to the South Okanagan Transit schedule for the service between Penticton and Osoyoos, as proposed changes have been rescinded.
- Tanya Osborne and Faith Kwong, Community Health Facilitators with Interior Health, made a presentation regarding the Healthy Communities Program.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Council directed staff to bring back a report on the sponsorship of a memorial bench for Blake Sewell.
- Council directed administration to write a letter of support for 100 More Homes Penticton for their application to the federal government for homelessness and housing programs funding through the Reaching Home strategy.
- Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.23, 2019 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.122, 2019 were adopted. These amendments allow for the creation of three new single family homes at 6801, 6805, and 6809 Nighthawk Drive.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.121, 2019 was adopted. This amendment allows for a site specific cannabis production facility to be located at 11609 115th Street.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.123, 2019 was read for a first and second time. If approved this amendment would allow for a strata development consisting of six townhomes at 9111 92nd Avenue. Council set a Public Hearing for September 16th, 2019 at 4:00 PM in Council Chambers.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.112, 2019 was read for a third time. If approved this amendment would allow for the creation of one new single family home and a strata development consisting of eight duplex lots at the top of the Dividend Ridge subdivision.
- Administrative Fees and Charges Amendment Bylaw No. 1331.01, 2019 was adopted. This amendment adds BC Provincial Nominee Program Application fees to the bylaw.
- 5 Year Financial Plan Bylaw No. 1349.02, 2019 was read for a first, second, and third time. If adopted this bylaw would add the Osoyoos Child Care Centre Expansion Project, which is fully funded through the Community Child Care Space Creation Program. Council also directed staff to notify residents of Osoyoos of the opportunity to express an opinion on the 2019-2023 Financial Plan prior to consideration for adoption.
- Council approved the variance and issuance of Development Variance Permit No. 19-03 which allows for the construction of an attached garage with a reduced front yard setback at 3219 Jasmine Drive.
- Council supported the request from Joanne Muirhead for a change in JoJo’s Café liquor licence to allow for audience participation (Open Mic Nights).
- Council authorized the budget transfer of $16,000.00 from Bylaw Enforcement Costs to Bylaw Enforcement Material.
- Council appointed Brianne Hillson as Chief Election Officer and Janette Van Vianen as Deputy Chief Election Officer for conducting the 2019 by-election for Water Councillor.
- Council approved a budget amendment which transfers $15,000.00 from Contingency to Elections.
- Council authorized the notice of intention to lease the Art Gallery building at 8713 Main Street to the Osoyoos and District Arts Council.
- Councillor King attended the Accessibility and Age Friendly committee meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillor Harvey attended the Opening Ceremonies of the Canadian Women’s Mid-Amateur & Senior Golf Championship.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to attend Music in the Park – there are two remaining performances this season.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked Clint Hawes for organizing the Street Dances.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Desert Park Open House.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Rural Health Primary Care Network Meetings.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked everyone who has been involved with fighting the forest fires.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 am on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 pm to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam