You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for April 15, 2019
Canada's warmest welcome ®* July 13 2020
Council Meeting Highlights for April 15, 2019
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2020)
Osoyoos Festival Society Releases “Virtual Canada Day” Video
The ART Gallery Osoyoos Open July 1
Council Meeting Highlights for April 15, 2019
Click on button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and Regular Open meetings.
- Buy Low BC – Shayne Wright, Buy Low BC Co-ordinator made a presentation to council requesting that Council consider a long-range commitment for sponsorship for the next 3 to 5 years of the Buy Local! Buy Fresh! program.
- Desert Park – Bobbie Fischer, Desert Park President, gave an update on the plans at Desert Park for 2019. Ms. Fischer advised that there will be no Medieval Faire this year
- Steve Underwood from True Consulting provided information on future water sources and treatment options for the Town of Osoyoos.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- 2019 Community Service Grant cheques were presented.
- East Lakeshore Drive Sewer Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1182.07, 2019 was adopted. The bylaw amendment reflects the refinanced amount required for payment of the debt.
- East Lakeshore Drive Water System Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1183.07, 2019 was adopted. The bylaw amendment reflects the refinanced amount required for payment of the debt.
- 2019 Osoyoos Tax Rate Bylaw No. 1351, 2019 was read three times. This bylaw is updated yearly, with the due date being July 2nd, 2019. This bylaw is in line with the 5 year financial plan and includes a 2.93% increase in property taxes.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.115, 2018 was abandoned. This bylaw, if adopted, would have allowed for a site specific retail cannabis store to be located at 7603 Spartan Drive.
- Business Licence Bylaw Amendment Bylaw No. 1045.35, 2019 was adopted. This bylaw gives clarification to Schedule D’s map and associated legend, which gives approved locations for street food vendors.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.118, 2019 was read for a third time. If adopted this bylaw would allow for a site specific retail cannabis store to be located at 9143 Main Street (Units 1 &2).
- Council agreed to acquire a Licence for the term of 30 years from the Province over the land described as: All that unsurveyed Crown foreshore being part of the bed of Osoyoos Lake and fronting on Block 530, Plan 2450 except Plan A1011, District Lot 2450s, Similkameen Division Yale District, containing 0.437 hectares, more or less, for the purposes of a commercial aqua park.
- Council awarded the contract for Cottonwood Park Retaining Wall repairs to 0810450 BC Ltd. (DBA Rocks’n’Blocks) for $337,398.40 (taxes and contingency sum included).
- Council approved a partial closure of Cottonwood Beach area with the construction of temporary shoring to support the wall with sand and the installation of temporary fencing.
- Council awarded the contract for the construction of the Main Sewage Lift Station to Cumming Construction Ltd. for $4,605,000.00 (taxes and contingency included).
- The Annual General Meeting for the Town of Osoyoos will be held on Monday, June 17th, 2019 at 1:00 PM in the Council Chambers.
- Council will participate in funding a locum housing lease for a one year period to a maximum of $3,000.00.
- Council is proceeding with a proposed boundary expansion for the following properties:
9211 & 9209 87th St
9215 87th St
9223 87th St
9227 87th St
9425 87th St
- Councillor Rhodes attended the Regional District Meeting.
- Councillor King, Councillor Bennett, and Councillor Harvey attended the Volunteer Appreciation.
- Councillor King attended the Community Accessibility Committee meeting.
- Councillor Bennett attended the Oliver/Osoyoos Primary Care meeting.
- Councillor Bennett attended the Museum Open House.
- Councillor Bennett attended the Destination Osoyoos meeting.
- Councillor Bennett attended the South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce AGM.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillor King attended the Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast in Oliver.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillor King attended the Safety and Crime Prevention meeting in Oliver.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Grand Opening of the Penticton Regional Hospital Tower and the announcement of the Primary Care Network by the Minister of Health.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the South East District RCMP meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the event at the Burrowing Owl on energy conservation.
- Mayor McKortoff reported that the International Join Commission Osoyoos Lake Board of Control will be having monthly meetings to stay on top of Osoyoos Lake water levels.
- Mayor McKortoff wished everyone a very Happy Easter and encourages everyone to attend the 25th Easter Eggstravaganza activities.
PARCEL TAX ROLL REVIEW PANEL
- Affirmation of Oaths were sworn by Mayor McKortoff and Councillors Harvey, Rhodes, Bennett, and King and then signed the oaths in front of the Deputy Corporate Officer.
- The Parcel Tax Rolls were authenticated by signing the parcel tax rolls.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 am on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 pm to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam